The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The closet is the enemy > Comments

The closet is the enemy : Comments

By Jim Woulfe, published 3/6/2010

Politically, laws and customs will only accommodate minorities that are visible. Homosexuals are often an invisible minority.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All
Treating a gay relative and his partner as regular members of the family has absolutely no deleterious effects on children. The knowledge that their uncle is gay hasn't adversely affected my eight nieces or three nephews one bit. The presence of myself and my partner at family gatherings hasn't turned them into vagrants, drug addicts, neither has it turned any of them gay. The same goes for my partner's nieces and nephews. They're all tolerant, well-adjusted and responsible young people.

I wrote an article about why gay people come out, and I'm grateful that the majority of commenters have been hugely supportive. In addition to the liberating personal aspects, the power of coming out is that it neutralises bigotry, as shown by this piece of research from the US Pew Research Center: http://pewresearch.org/pubs/485/friends-who-are-gay

The closer you are to an out homosexual, the more tolerant you are likely to be.
Posted by woulfe, Saturday, 12 June 2010 8:53:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
david f,

<<Who churches wish to marry is their own business.>>
It will not be if homosexual marriage is made legal.
They will be criminalised for refusing to marry homosexuals.

<<If homosexuality were truly unnatural it would not exist.>>
Minor problem of logic:
If incest were truly unnatural it would not exist.
If paedophilia were truly unnatural it would not exist.
If necrophilia were truly unnatural it would not exist.
If bestiality were truly unnatural it would not exist.
If (fill in the blank) were truly unnatural it would not exist.

<<If consenting adults wish to have incestuous sex who does it hurt? How does it hurt you? I mean exactly what I say.>>
You would advocate incestuous marriage then?
You would advocate teaching children that incest was just another sexual orientation?

<<We neither teach nor endorse sexuality.>>
If homosexuality is projected as being just as normal and natural as heterosexuality then it is being taught and endorsed.
By your logic, incest, paedophilia, necrophilia and bestiality should also have the same status as heterosexuality.

<<There is no evidence that children adopted by homosexuals are any more likely to be homosexual than children growing up in a family headed by a man and a woman.>>

"The reason that same-sex parenting is detrimental to the well being of children is due to several factors:
1. Higher Incidence of Violence
2. Higher Incidence of Mental Health Problems
3. Reduced Life Expectancy
4. Higher Incidence of Same-sex Orientation
5. Greater Risk of Sexual Involvement with Parents
6. Greater Risk of Social or Psychological Problems
7. Higher Incidence of Child Molestation"
http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2004/apr/040428c.html
Posted by Proxy, Saturday, 12 June 2010 11:01:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's been suggested by some psychologists that homophobia is often the expression of "repressed homosexual urges that the person is either unaware of or denies".

http://web.archive.org/web/20040202035152/www.apa.org/releases/homophob.html

It would be nice if our resident homophobes would give us all a break and just come out of the closet.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 12 June 2010 11:32:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Standard CJ fare:
"Homophobes are repressed homosexuals."

Just as:
-Islamophobes are repressed Muslims,
-Misogynists are repressed men who would be women,
-Pro-lifers are repressed abortionists,
-Peace activists are repressed warriours.

Just as people who object to:
-crime are repressed criminals,
-incest are repressed incestors,
-paedophilia are repressed paedophiles,
-masturbation in public are repressed exhibitionists,
-people looking through their bedroom window are repressed voyeurs,
etc, etc, etc.

I guess that would make you a repressed hater CJ.
Posted by Proxy, Saturday, 12 June 2010 1:12:18 PM
Proxy wrote: I guess that would make you a repressed hater CJ.

Dear Proxy,

As long as people repress their hate it doesn't bother anyone else. You certainly don't seem to repress your anger.

I get angry at some things such as a God botherer saying, "I'll pray for you." I have been very angry during my life time. At 84 all my anger seems pointless and a waste of emotion.

I am just puzzled by you. I am not oriented to homosexuality so I don't engage in it. However, I see no reason to get excited if other people engage in it. In my previous post I said that I see nothing wrong in consenting adults engaging in incest. I asked what harm would it to do you?

I ask again. Why are you angry at consenting homosexuals acting in a way that is natural to them?

How does it hurt you? How does it hurt anybody else?

Woulfe apparently is in a loving homosexual relationship. I wish anybody in any sort of a loving relationshop well.

Why does it bother you? What harm does it do to others or to you?
Posted by david f, Saturday, 12 June 2010 1:45:40 PM
Like with Rome when men have exchanged what is natural for what un natural (sodomy) a nation will crumble. The promotion and lies spread by the homosexual lobby just makes it easier for the many men and woman who have had unhappy marriages to venture to this debauched lifestyle. Unfortunately large chunks of our media have been infiltrated and blinded by those posing as 'tolerant' of everything except decency.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 12 June 2010 2:49:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy