The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Can Muslim women be hot? > Comments

Can Muslim women be hot? : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 27/5/2010

Rima Fakih, the latest Miss USA, has challenged popular negative stereotypes against Arab-Muslims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Foxy,
<<Can Muslim women be hot? Think Ayaan Hirsi Ali.>>

Ayaan Hirsi Ali may be hot but she is definitely not a Muslim.
She is an ex-Muslim, or an apostate in the Islamic parlance, and therefore subject to the death penalty under Sharia Law.
In fact, she has lived under the threat of death since before her film partner Theo van Gogh was murdered by the Muslim Mohammed Bouyeri for "defaming" Islam with the film "Submission" that they jointly produced.
The word Islam also means submission. Funny that.
I realise that some people get confused and call people who criticise Islam racists.
So maybe you thought Ayaan Hirsi Ali was of the Muslim race.
http://ayaanhirsiali.web-log.nl/ayaanhirsiali/english/index.html
Posted by Proxy, Thursday, 27 May 2010 11:16:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who cares what her nationality or religion is - she's a stunner and has earned her crown! Let her enjoy her day in the sun.
Posted by Protagoras, Thursday, 27 May 2010 11:27:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mrs Speaker...(Foxy) *Point of Order*

Ayn Hersi Ali is not a Muslim.. she is (if anything) an Atheist and definitely regarded as an "enemy of Islam" hence the many death threats on her.

She is "Somali" ...not "muslim".

Just to remind Mrs Speaker.. "Islam" is a faith...not a race.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Friday, 28 May 2010 6:40:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When I was in muslim land I found a greater %age of women dressed from head to toe far more appealing than most near naked sheilas tattooed from you know where to breakfast & a fag hanging in the corner of their foul mouths.
It was a real pleasure to see the proud postures instead of the hunched, butt drawn-in poses that are becoming far too common in our society.
Posted by individual, Friday, 28 May 2010 6:52:38 AM
Did not belly dancing originate in the muslim world?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 28 May 2010 9:43:30 AM
Is beauty not in the eye of the beholder?

Different societies have a different take on what is desirable in a person. I'm told in India they see being fat as attractive. Some cultures mutilate themselves and tattoo all over each other's faces to increase their physical appeal. Some cultures it might be more related to how many donkeys and goats a girl has.

One should be measured in their language when dealing with a touchy subject, for 2 reasons. Firstly, they seem like a strict lot, old fashioned even. I doubt they would like to see "hot", an old teenage euphamism for "sexy". Physically attractive... might be a better choice I think.
Secondly, they arent really tolerant toward outside comment. If you can find Salman Rushdie, ask him how he feels. The cartoonist in Denmark cannot be contacted for comment.
Posted by PatTheBogan, Friday, 28 May 2010 12:20:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy