The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Atheism repels feeble Easter attacks > Comments

Atheism repels feeble Easter attacks : Comments

By David Swanton, published 15/4/2010

Atheists simply accept that there is no credible scientific or factually reliable evidence for the existence of a god, gods or the supernatural—no more, no less. There is no element of indoctrinated belief about atheism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All
You've lost me. Why would "absolute certainty" prevent anyone from making a choice?
Posted by Dullsteamer, Monday, 3 May 2010 12:03:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grateful:

>> How would we be able to choose if we knew with absolute certainty. <<

That is one of the most stupid, ignorant comments from any OLO poster I have ever read. No wonder religious faith belongs in the Dark Ages.

How do you ever make ANY decisions without information? Do you toss a coin, close your eyes and stick a pin in the car classifieds, not peruse a menu at a restaurant? All these actions can be verified to a great extent. Not a single claim about god can be proven - not one.
Posted by Severin, Monday, 3 May 2010 8:46:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I should have taken more care to observe who i was replying to. I thought it was Orange Donkey and was surprised he would have used an expression such as "you're clutching at straws" and ignored the question i posed relating to the joint probablity of two verses accurately describing physical phenomenon without any possibility of this knowledge being available at the time if indeed it was pure chance(and not through divine intervention)

so i'm pleased to find out that it was NOT Orange Donkey but one of those who has a habit of responding with derision. My rule with such people is to ignore them. If Orange Donkey thinks the question posed by this dull-person is relevent then i'll respond to it, but i'd like to get back to the main thread.
Posted by grateful, Monday, 3 May 2010 10:26:28 AM
Yes, grateful, you should pay more attention to whom you're replying. I haven't derided you. I reckon the reason you didn't answer my question is that you can't.

As for your claim that the two verses you quoted accurately describe physical phenomena, they don't. That's merely wishful thinking on your part.
Posted by Dullsteamer, Monday, 3 May 2010 10:49:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy