The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Amateur hour in non-Labor parties > Comments

Amateur hour in non-Labor parties : Comments

By Scott Prasser, published 8/4/2010

The non-Labor parties are facing a crisis of talent and of attracting and keeping it to fight Labor effectively.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Nice , Peter I like your post ; is it Public Domain , I'm thinking of getting it Tattooed on my forehead .
Posted by ShazBaz001, Thursday, 8 April 2010 3:14:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I guess what he's trying to say is that it will take years of training, & practice before the other lot will be able to lie as smoothly, & convincingly as Labor.

You know what, he's right too. Labor are the champs, when it comes to lying.

They must run international courses, too. The pommy lot have got it down at least as well as our lot.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 8 April 2010 7:05:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it can be appropriate to select really young candidates in some cases, particularly where they have shown themeselves to be exceptional. I havent read this about teenager Wyatt Roy though all I have heard of is that he is part way through his uni degree and has an interest in politics.
Posted by Jasper the Second, Friday, 9 April 2010 11:28:06 AM
Perhaps it's just easier to sit in a well-paid job and complain about what government is doing, than to take an active role in politics by becoming a politician?

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, and I challenge anybody to show me any State government or Federal party that has more than a handful of capable operators.
Posted by Phil Matimein, Friday, 9 April 2010 1:00:38 PM
So the ALP are the only group with their snouts in the trough?

I didn't see anyone else but the Greens object to the last two unnecessary politicians' pay rises while both sides were arguing for wage and economic restraint.

This sort of disarray happens when parties go into opposition. It took the ALP a while to sort themselves out in terms of leadership, infighting and sorting out the talent.

Voters won't vote for a Party that seems to be in trouble or where there is a lack of cohesion even in states where the government is rotten such as NSW, will be voted in where the opposition is perceived as either 'more of the same' or where there is a perceived lack of leadership.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 9 April 2010 1:00:49 PM
Yes and what is more, who will dare to claim that Barry O'Farrell is as pretty as Kristina Keneally? That might be the most competent move the NSW government has made since it's been in office.
Posted by Peter Hume, Friday, 9 April 2010 2:20:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy