The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I think I can, I think I can, puffs the little red Abbott > Comments

I think I can, I think I can, puffs the little red Abbott : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 24/3/2010

Increasingly people are asking a question that seemed silly several months ago, can Tony roll Kevin?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The saddest aspect of the debate in my view is that at some point in the near future, we are going to have to vote for one or the other of these two turkeys.

Rudd hasn't a genuine bone in his body. Every fibre has been manufactured for the purposes of a political career, and he has become a master of all the chicanery, dissembling and tricksiness that goes with it.

Abbott may be more "genuine" - perhaps, I'm not sure - but in the lowest-common-denominator manner that is our national calling-card. Picturing him representing Australia as our political leader overseas sends a shiver down my spine.

These two are probably the worst advertisement for compulsory voting, ever.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 24 March 2010 5:07:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you ask me, all voters have already had a huge win, as if nothing else, TA has at least made Krudd aware of his 'shortcommings' and, win loose or draw, we will all be much better off for it.

Thanks, TA, for waking this fool up.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 24 March 2010 6:22:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The media report referred to the UN report. If you think the former is wrong, take it up with them. In the meantime, there is no reason why I should believe someone I don't know just because they tell me I've got it wrong.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 25 March 2010 12:38:07 PM
Leigh, it's not a secret report http://unhcr.org.au/ - and perhaps you could read some of the other editorial on the subject and get a different perspective. But always best to base an argument on the source not media spin
Posted by Meander, Thursday, 25 March 2010 1:27:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy