The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Welcome to the world’s first murdochracy > Comments

Welcome to the world’s first murdochracy : Comments

By John Pilger, published 15/3/2010

What is a murdochracy? It is where the fealty and augmentation of Rupert Murdoch’s editors and managers are undisguised.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Thanks John for yet another insightful piece. The one-dimensionalism of Australia's media is quite chilling, but there seems nothing we can do about it. For many people a "Murdochchracy" is all they have experienced in their lives and if they read it "in the paper" it must be true.

It almost seems like an impossible battle against the popular propaganda of today, if we disagree with it we are seen as lunatics. But I do believe in the saying, "Qui tacet consentire videtur" so I will not be silent.
Posted by Bikesusenofuel, Monday, 15 March 2010 8:01:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is certainly a terrible thing John, that conservatism is so embedded in our Australian media that you have a name for it.

Quickly, to the barricades and get some of those wonderful objective left leaning journalists, who would NEVER barrack for a cause like AGW or against everything Liberal or National Party related, would never blindly barrack for the ALP regardless, would never be cheerleaders for PM Rudd ("we salute you", who was that twit? from the ABC I'll bet), not to mention the terrible PM John Howard (who was elected 4 times) he was so unpopular and the media was right to denigrate him, forgetting that the ALP won with 51.9% - a LANDSLIDE!

Get rid of all those conservative journalists, oh, there's only 4 or 5 of them .. oh, makes all this sound so silly doesn't it?

Another whine from John because there actually is an alternative, though not the way John sees it - we live with a media who is so far to the left it is an embarrassment.

Fox News in the US is more balanced than "our" ABC, what a joke, but please do go on complaining, we expect nothing less and certainly nothing creative.
Posted by Amicus, Tuesday, 16 March 2010 8:22:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said. When I hear these tossers go on about "Left wing bias in the media" I feel sick. The ABC is now leaning Right, but obviously not far enough for the poor souls who have grown up with nothing but Fox New style "Balance". (ie. Complete bias, fabrications and innuendo passing as journalism)
Thank God for the internet...
unless they censor it...
damn!
Posted by Ozandy, Wednesday, 17 March 2010 1:40:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wouldn't worry to much about Murdoce! He's at that age of one hart attack and it's all over! The media has been making sh_t shine and viceversa since it's conception! so what else is new? Anyone with half a brain! reads between the lines anyway. I stopped buying news papers years ago! It's all free on the net! Peoples blogs are the best way of getting to the truth of things! I think the main stream media is on the way out! Because it is full of sh_t! and people are sick of it!
Posted by Peterson, Thursday, 18 March 2010 5:39:15 AM
I have often admired the depth of your investigative journalism.

I am an original member of the recognised indigenous [NZ] Maori activist group, Nga Tamatoa [The Young Warriors]

A number of christian members of my ethnic migrant community in Brisbane, are currently being groomed by Zionists, with successive invitations to the Holy Land. The organising of those members, and their leaders, whom are observed implacable carpetbaggers, I personally observe with some incredulity. For the recognised leaders of the peoples of my culture would only entertain such notion at their peril, in light of the colonial history my culture has endured.

And therein is a potential for reformation of such myopic colonial hegemonism. For while pockets of resistance remain independent and resourceful, their tacit support of those who may lead such change, is a power to be reckoned with, as you would be aware John. The point has been demonstrated frequently before. Maintain the rage brother.
Posted by Ngarmada, Thursday, 18 March 2010 4:17:46 PM
Tony Abbott is proving to be no different.Sarah Murdoch helped launch
Tony's new book and Tony recently had an audience with Ruppert Murdoch.Ruppert is making sure that prospective leaders are in his pocket before he backs them.He along with the Corportocracy do not want any lose canons like Gough.They do not want anyone loosening their strrngle hold on our economy.

Note this.It is the Rothschilds who have large hand in the sale of our public assets.Privatisation began in Aust with the sale of Qantas.Then Geoff Kennett sold off $30 billion worth of assets in 1991 which would be more than double in todays prices.Then Keating sold off the Commonwealth Bank.Rothschild Australia chairman Trevor Row is the leading business advisor to the QLD Govt in the sale of their assets.Row had also close connections to John Howard.

Now Rothschild Aust is one of three leading advisors,along with Meryl Lynch and fellow Inter Alpha Group member Royal Bank of Scotland.One of Trevor Rows positions is to the Board of Guardians of the Fed Govt Future Fund.It is entirely managed by bankers.Also on this board is David Murray CBA boss Suncorp and JP Morgan.

These banks desperately need the capital boost.Recently the NAB lined up to buy assets of the Royal Bank of Scotland to help prop up this group of banks.This is $35 billion of public servants money.Should Kevin Rudd be bailing out a collapsing British banking sytem.I would have thought that BHP billiton would have been a safer and more productive bet.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 20 March 2010 4:00:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy