The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anti-immigration backlash roils ties between Australia and India - part I > Comments

Anti-immigration backlash roils ties between Australia and India - part I : Comments

By Robin Jeffrey, published 9/3/2010

Despite being a nation built by immigrants, Australia faces fresh challenges in dealing with new arrivals, particularly from India.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All
Socratease, they don't lock people up for being crazy anymore.
Australia was captured by a White military expedition.
They sent further military and paramilitary forces out in a declared war to eradicate or concentrate the people who were here before.
When Howard sent the troops into the NT setlements to restore order it was a military intervention to subdue the people and impose White values, just like in Timor Leste or the Solomon Islands.
We live in a British military outpost in the south seas.
The only reason any of the other races got to see this country is because White people came and occupied it with our gold and weapons.
Ask Sheikh Hilaly or Mukesh Haikerwal if they feel responsible for invading and killing the first Australians.
When Aboriginals are looking for redress for past wrongs they don't go to the Indian high commission, they come looking for Whitey!
Nation of Immigrants is just pure comedy! Like "Diversity is Strength"
Nation of immigrants is probably the most insensitive thing you could say to an Indigenous person, it's what White people say when they don't want to talk about race, when they don't want to take responsibility for their actions.
Race is real and it matters to Aboriginals.
Race is real and it SHOULD matter to Whites.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 1 April 2010 6:48:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay’s posts are now a bit harder to rebut because they are making less and less sense. They also don’t relate to immigration very much!

He says:
“When Howard sent the troops into the NT setlements to restore order it was a military intervention to subdue the people and impose White values, just like in Timor Leste or the Solomon Islands.”

Can you point to any evidence that actually backs that up? Did Howard say that?

Here is this quote:

“When people like Ozzie talk about aspects of the genocide against the White race,such as hate speech insinuating White Racist Attacks without definitive proof, The Leftists scream RACIST! and Andrew Bolt, Paul Sheehan and Alan Jones fight each other to lead the lynch mob.”

What does this particular excerpt even mean? I’m getting an image of pandemonium but there’s very little coherency in this quote or the argument itself.

More confusing is this:

“Political Correctness is not only LIKE a religion, it IS a religion.
That's why people who practice it are so outraged when people point out that it's based on a belief in the supernatural.”

Whoever said that political correctness is a religion? Who named “humanity” their God? The simply point was to be tactful in dealing with sensitive matters.

In fact it was hard to make sense of much of your reply post. It seemed to lurch from a Lord of the Flies scenario to Oliver Cromwell and then onto this new religion. All of which was interesting, but none of which pertained directly to immigration.

So here is the simple argument: All human beings are individuals and deserve to be judged on their merits. Our country can integrate and assimilate a larger number of people from a variety of backgrounds. No one person and no one race owns the country. Our country is a shared land and shared society. So a little tolerance, compassion and understanding will go a long way to establishing and maintaining a successful multicultural country.
Posted by David Jennings, Thursday, 1 April 2010 6:06:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“However from the little stats we have as mentioned above, an incredible 80% of the most recent murders of Indians are by indians themselves.”

Except that five homicides is too small a number from which to draw the conclusion that the majority of violence against Indians is perpetrated by other Indians.

In effect Ozzie is guilty of exactly the same sin that he accuse CJ of doing. Ozzie has failed to account for the non-homicide violence because it simply doesn’t fit his argument. Moreover, he has ignored it altogether.

“If you in some way want to dispute this, feel free to give me many recent examples of the many Indians recently killed in Australia by white Anglos. I once asked the academic David Jennings to do this as he disputed the figures. He came up with no response.”

I think you’re mistaking ignoring you for an inability to actually respond to your argument. I think its pretty clear that until the Australian Institute of Criminology delivers its report on violence against Indians that we won’t know if you are correct or not. But at any rate you are trying to base a very large conclusion on slender evidence – so to speak.

More interestingly, what if the majority of violence against Indians was not by white Australians? Would that not suggest an acceptance of Indians by an overwhelming number of Anglo-Australians and the absence of any backlash? I suspect that it might!

That said, I think that in another thread I came up with the best response to Ozzie’s arguments when I uncovered a series of choice quotes from Ozzie demonstrating a clear anti-Indian agenda.

To paraphrase Jay, credibility is real and it matters….
Posted by David Jennings, Thursday, 1 April 2010 6:18:33 PM
Well you're right about one thing David.
I'm not here to argue with you.
My posts don't make any sense at all after you've edited them made them conform to whatever "Ism" your practicng today. Leftism? Humanism? Individualism? Egalitarianism? Anti Racism?
Leftism failed in the starting blocks, but as Quentin Crisp once said "If at first you don't succeed then failure is probably your style"

The people all over the world, the truly tolerant ones who talk about race as a reality, the ones already in the forbidden zone have a lot to offer, it's a shame you'll never let yourself understand it.

All race realism requires is that people THINK, it doesn't need Tomes to be written and laws passed in its favour... and "credibility", you only get credibility and "respectability" when you sell out your beliefs and your Volk

Edit this to fit your views, Over and out :)

Blackfella Whitefella Doesn't matter What ya' colour As long as you A true fella

As long as you A real fella All the people Of different races Around the world

In different places Doesn't matter What your name is We've got to have lots of

changes We need more brothers If we're to make it We need more sisters If we're

to save it Are you the one who's gonna stand up and be counted?
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 1 April 2010 9:05:34 PM
Jay it seems you are a protected species who is allowed to live and write unchecked and run rampant with your sarcasm and aggressive posts but the more you speak the more readers of OLO can see what you are. I have to be gentle with you.

Back to your sarcastic response to what I called "waves" of migrants from other countries who have built Australia to what it is today.You denied that any credit could be given to these migrants for their contributions in nation building. You denied that it didnt happen that way that they did build Australia to its present level of development.
So, then, try to tell us from where the Irish, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, Germans, Croats and Serbs, Indians, Islanders, New Zealanders and Africans and others came from. If they didnt come as colonists they must have taken turns in conquering the country, wave after wave. If it wasnt by conquest they may have been dropped by alien crafts. I cannot imagine any other possible solution.
I am tempted to assess your mental state judging from your posts.But I will let others make their own judgements. I'm being watched.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Thursday, 1 April 2010 10:57:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy