The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Have the ‘terrorists’ got what they want? > Comments

Have the ‘terrorists’ got what they want? : Comments

By Melati Lum, published 4/3/2010

One thing terrorists have achieved hands down is they have made it harder to be freely Muslim in today’s world.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Could this author name just one non-Islamic ‘terrorist’ group that has ever been a threat to Australia? As has often been correctly said, while most Muslims are not terrorists, most terrorists are Muslims.

The statement “…since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and the subsequent War on Terror, human rights in Australia have taken a severe beating” is absolute nonsense. The human rights of Australians, including Muslims, have not been affected in any way whatsoever. Instead, there are some Islamist maniacs who were an obvious threat to all of us doing time in jail. And, like all Islamist terrorists, they were as much a threat to Muslim Australians as they were to the rest of us. Throughout the world, these lunatics kill Muslims; far, far more than they kill non-Muslims.

As for being ‘targeted’ for security reasons, people who explicitly display difference and obvious signs of religion via dress should exercise simple common sense and realise that insisting on looking different will ensure that the are treated differently. Western countries are not the place to be flaunting Muslim garb when Islam is generally regarded as a threat to the West, whether or not most Muslims are a threat individually; this is especially important, as most Muslims, like this author, do not condemn terrorism openly and blame everyone else but themselves for perceived ‘discrimination’ against them.

Anyone who says that the Australian Government’s counter terrorism actions are playing into the hands of terrorists has views so far out of kilter with society that she will only further isolated herself from that society. The “paranoia” lies with her and other Muslims who share her views; it is not a disease of main-stream Australia which, unlike Islam, is democratically dedicated to the human rights denied to Muslims all over the world where Islam, not elected representatives, rules.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 4 March 2010 9:42:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to disagree with Leigh, who is obviously of the opinion that if you wear Muslim garb, you deserve to be treated as a terrorist. This is a prime example of how human rights have been degraded by our various governments since September 11. The Haneef case is another, where Habeus Corpus, one of the foundation stones of civil liberties, has been suspended for the sole purpose of demonising those of a different religion.
There is no paranoia here. The terrorists have succeeded, with tacit support from government. Travel is now delayed and travellers treated as potential terrorists. Civil liberties are curtailed, regardless of what Leigh says by the suspension of Habeus Corpus, the right to legal advice and the right to discuss what you may or may not have been charged with. The throwaway line by past Federal Police Commissioner Keelty that the media should perhaps be banned from reporting on terrorism related cases is frightening.
The line from the US "I love my country, but I fear my government" is rapidly approaching relevance in Australia. It would also apply to people like Leigh who would happily suppress my rights and liberties. Another adage "those who surrender liberty for security deserve neither" is also becoming applicable.
I should mention here that I am not Muslim.
Posted by ianbrum, Thursday, 4 March 2010 10:23:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'd agree with the author as to the threat from anti-terrorist laws It's difficult to understand to what extent the anti-terrorism legislation is justified,the most sinister aspect is the possibility that governments might extend these laws. Are terrorists criminals, or are we at war? I doubt that a Bill of Rights would be much protection when the public,lawmakers and judiciary are frightened,the famous US Constitutional rights provisions didn't protect Americans from the notorious "Patriot Act".

However,when we consider Moslems and terrorism,the question is simple, given any terrorist act,the question is 'what is the probability it was committed by Moslems'? The answer is-"High",so 'profiling' is an efficient method for law enforcement agencies to adopt. Melati Lum didn't, in the article, suggest what alternative measures that should be taken by the security sevices.Why does the author write 'terrorists' in quotes, what else are these psychopaths if they're not terrorists.? After any terrorist atrocity the usual response from the Islamic community seems to be more one of self -pity than denunciation of the criminals who committed the atrocity.
It's much easier to be a Moslem in Australia than a non-Moslem in any Islamic majority country.
Posted by mac, Thursday, 4 March 2010 10:52:14 AM
Indeed life is tougher for Muslims today.

The more so because of the voluntary, community or religious court enforced decisions of many Muslims to follow a more fundamentalist form of their faith in Muslim countries and in Australia.

For Melati Lum that means that the she no longer is given the choice of wearing a head scarf or not in many Muslim countries that hitherto allowed scarf choic. In many Muslim countries Muslim religious law also prohibits woman wearing such “uncovered meat” items as a simple pair of jeans and T-shirt.

Many would call this blatant "discrimination" against woman - others a renewed act of faith.

But we non-Muslim westerners should be made to feel guilty for what is happening in Muslim attitudes...

Melati has head scarf choice in the West including Australia.

She also has the choice of writing her article in the West - something she couldn't do in the most influential Muslim country (an absolute monarchy) Saudi Arabia without male censorship.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 4 March 2010 11:15:32 AM
ianbrum,

I did not say that anyone wearing Muslim garb should be treated as a terrorist. The fact is, though, that they will receive more attention from security. Refer to the author's comments for that fact, and see if you can get into a remedial reading class.

And, don't presume that I, or anyone else you don't know, "would happily suppress my rights and liberties", you silly little twit.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 4 March 2010 12:14:06 PM
There is nothing in the Koranic trilogy that say that females must wear a scarfe. All it is says is that they must be modest.

However there is a huge amount in the Koran that is against Kaffirs and Jews, ie us.

In fact, it is the most anti -semitic and anti western civilisation diatribe ever written..with well over 60% being so aimed.

With many immigrants coming into Australia for example, being from Islamic oriented failed states..and not being prepared to alter their ways because of this political ideology masquerading as a religion, it is no wonder they are not assimilating well into a freer western society, and want to alter it by any means ..then of course there is going to be tension and because their silly book shows them how... terror and taqqya

If the auther wishes to wear a rag around her head as a symbol this hatred filled political ideology, when she doesnt have to, and then wonders why she gets viewed with suspicion.... then its her own fault.

You would have thought some one working as lawyer would have been able to work that out for themselves.

No doubt the fans of the multiculti ideological nonsense that is stuffing up this country will disagree. Tough.
Posted by bigmal, Thursday, 4 March 2010 12:56:09 PM
If Muslims don't like the West, they know what to do - return from whence they came.

There are more Buddhists in Australia than there are Muslims. We don't hear Buddhists moaning and groaning about their lot in Australia, or being locked up for terrorist activities.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 4 March 2010 2:15:41 PM
What do religious terrorists want? They want the approval of God. And since no scientific instrument can detect whether they have it or not, they will continue to be terrorists until they can convince themselves that they have it. Like the Green movement, religious agitation is not really about improving life for anybody: it is about establishing one's credentials as a fanatical pursuer of an irrational and totally unobtainable ideal. The religious terrorist is the barely-grown-up equivalent of the schoolboy who commands the admiration of his friends because he can piss highest up the wall.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 4 March 2010 2:58:33 PM
Speaking of religion and terror/horror, as far as I know a priest "blessed" the Enola Gay and its pilots. Plus priests used to bless the B52's as they set off from Guam to carpet bomb North Vietnam.

But of course we are not, and never were terrorists!

We are "civilized". We murder indiscriminately from 30,000 feet, or via drones---all directed from the comfort of air-conditioned bunkers on the other side of the planet.

Meanwhile in a now quantum world everything is in one way or another interconnected---instantaneously.

Every act of horror/terror, no matter who does it and to whom, always in one way or another produces an equal and opposite reaction, response or manifestation. Either sooner or later.

Such is an immutable law of physics (especially quantum physics) and of the psycho-physics of the now collective world psyche.

A world wide psyche in which there is not a jot of separation to be found any-where.

As we (whoever, and wherever we are) sow, then we WILL inevitably reap.
Posted by Ho Hum, Thursday, 4 March 2010 4:05:12 PM
I once was fiercely anti-Muslim but by mixing around with Muslims,reading extensively books and visiting foreign websites and visiting countries like Malaysia,Singapore and indonesia I find that the Muslims are presently caught up in the cusp of their own history interacting with the world of western cultures or countries with pro-western cultures.
One thing I have learnt is that Islam is a religion of peace and love. The ignorant and uneducated amongst them have had a field day doing what hate-filled imams flush with Wahabi petro dollars want, the destruction of the western democratic and secular civilisation with all its freedoms. Those who are in Australia are here because they find the socio-political conditions in their own country untenable. They are very welcome here as far as I am concerned.
Those who ask where are the imams and other leaders of Islam who denounce terrorism and bigotism and want to coexist in peace well they are beginning to be heard. There is the imam in London who only as recently as this week issued a fatwa against all terrorists and suicide bombers and other wannabes saying that they are all going to end up in hell fire in the after life. Others like him in mosques around the world are exercising their similar proclivities to snuff out the radicals. I believe that these radicals have had their day. Now and again they will still attack the country they live in but a new era in Islam is about to dawn.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Thursday, 4 March 2010 4:13:16 PM
I hope you are right Socratease...I sincerely hope you are right ..but from what I have seen and been exposed to I am not so sure...but your view is possible.
Posted by bigmal, Thursday, 4 March 2010 4:25:24 PM
wasn't it the 72 virgins that the terrorist wanted? I think they are severely disappointed.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 4 March 2010 5:21:25 PM
Terrorism actually grew from the liberty for white, mostly Christian peoples to take over non-white people's lands, as even mentioned in the Old Testament, the lands of the unbelievers.

It was not only Christians of course, for following the survival of the fittest principle, the Romans did the same thing for nearly a thousand years.

Survival of the fittest thus fits it well, thus we had our Aborigines thus called Low Life, apart from the boomerang nothing the Abo's have achieved in a so-called fifty thousand years, is regarded by most whites as fit for normal progress.

So it seems the white races must be regarded as not only the true God's peoples, as proven by the over two thousand years now of such progress.

Hell's Bells, seing that the white races are still well in the minority of global peoples, we should consider ourselves lucky that there is not more terrorism than there now is.
Posted by bushbred, Thursday, 4 March 2010 6:52:24 PM
Brushbred,China is on the rise with the aid of Russia.The West has reaped what it has sewn.This is the start of our great depression with the international banksters creating cyber money to prop up their ponzy schemes.

The real terrorists are in our midst.They have created the climate that has destroyed production,increased debt,created derivatives that have no value and now want war as a distraction from their criminal behaviour.The really nasty twist is they can create war to make more profit,since these banks like the US Federal Reserve finance the US Govt who buy arms for war.eg John Kerry has $ millions invested in arms companies.

Our whole system is totally corrupt,yet we laugh at countries like India.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:14:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A wise man said, "let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." There is freedom in love and empathy, there is no place for discrimination.

In every race, every religion, there are good and bad apples. The enemy isn’t the Muslims, they are the bad apples which come from diverse religions & races.

As a Christian who has lived in a culturally diverse country where 60% of the population are Muslims, and a multitude of races live in peace despite discriminative government policies, I disagree with what mac says, “that it is much easier to be a Muslim in Australia than a non-Muslim in any Islamic majority country.” The reason is simple- discrimination, anywhere, is a lack of love of our fellow brothers and sisters, and is hard to bear.

The social perception and government support which promotes a lack of freedom to allow people (whether punks, hippies, Christians, Jews, or in this case, Muslims) to truly express who they are within a society is sowing seeds of intolerance and less adept to social issues.

(continued)
Posted by ymeiosis, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:37:59 PM
(continued)

The saying goes, “Walk a mile in anothers shoes”. Put yourself in a Muslim's shoes nowadays. You are a good person, do charity, help out at the soup kitchen every Saturday.. but you are singled out on every occasion for a “random” explosive test at the airport. It's not so random, is it? It's unwanted attention.

Take, for instance, the average Caucasian tourist who tours Asia. The Lonely Planet and other guidebooks are chock full of advice on how to bear with THE ASIAN STARE. Read more here: http://www.asian-central.com/stuffasianpeoplelike/2008/03/05/25-staring-at-people/ and here: http://www.teachabroadchina.com/the-chinese-stare/ on responses by Caucasians who dislike the unwanted attention (which is not even as hostile as the attention Muslims get nowadays).

Why the unwanted attention?

Because YOU don't look, dress, talk, etc. like them.

Lets go one step further, In India, Caucasian women tourists are often fondled and grabbed because they are perceived by locals as being promiscuous despite being garbed in full length pants and long-sleeved shirts. Anti-Chinese sentiments in Indonesia in the 1990’s resulted in the looting, killing, raping and other violent acts being committed against Chinese Indonesians and also the destruction of churches and other Chinese owned buildings in Indonesia. Nazism originated from Adolf Hitler’s dislike of the imperial multi-cultural and diversified society of the Austro–Hungarian Empire in the 1930’s and resulted in the death of 6 million Jews.

Leigh says that "people who explicitly display difference and obvious signs of religion via dress should exercise simple common sense and realise that insisting on looking different will ensure that the are treated differently."

Since when did looking different become a crime? Are we as shallow as the men who marry women for looks and not virtue? Or those who perceive that a beautiful woman cannot also be virtuous and intelligent? Looks alone should never be used as an excuse to perceive someone differently, to allow a blatant invasion of privacy or justify discrimination. Look around, the fact is, it is harder to freely be a Muslim in today’s world. And then remember to change your perceptions, because the fight is against terrorism, not Muslims.
Posted by ymeiosis, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:39:09 PM
That's strange, I always thought "the terrorists" (not sure which ones- they're completely unrelated groups), generally wanted withdrawals of Western military/contractors/culture from Islamic countries, revenge for previous non-compliance with above measures, or at offense for flouting things abhorrent to their beliefs within their awareness.

I seriously doubt the degree of liberality was ever on their minds- and I definitely doubt they'd feel like they 'won' by a specific reduction to tolerance against Islam in our countries.

In fact, I imagine the re-evaluation of tolerance in the broader Western-sphere beyond the US/UK/Israel- the rest with barely any presence in the Islamic World- was a complete shock to every terrorist group around the globe!
(at least for those that could tell the US/UK/Israel apart from the broader Western World- which isn't many)
Posted by King Hazza, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:39:11 PM
Look all you anti Muslims

All your anti-polically correct concepts may by on the money.

Our Aussie diggers are fighting in Afghanistan to "bring democracy to the appreciative Afghan police, people, army" and last, least of all Afghan woman, who have less rights, under local Islam, than the odd goat, or opium acre.

Here we have the hope of what the Yanks, Brits and our diggers are doing officially under our present and future mission in Afghanistan, our hope, training the locals, meanwhile:

our diggers lives are lost or they are horribly injured,

our money wasted,

check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?videos=LYoFaRps1js&v=OlEqHLijHQA

the Dutch are leaving, the Aussie province of Oruzgan, after too many men dead

the Yanks will soon be the the senior force in our Aussie Orugzgan province, like Vietnam times.

But training the reluctant Afghans is the official hope of our digger's lives (I know a few)

here this bod who is currently there speaks

http://www.defence.gov.au/opEx/global/opslipper/index.cfm

sad

so there you have it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?videos=LYoFaRps1js&v=OlEqHLijHQA

60 more diggers dead until the US permits us to leave.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 4 March 2010 9:41:00 PM
You are exposing yourignorance and bigotry AGAIN,runner.
You are just a pain in the butt. All very emotive and jaundiced without a trace of intelligence.
Dont you read anything, runner, that is worthwhile. I do rtealise it takes a bit of intelligence to read.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Thursday, 4 March 2010 11:06:47 PM
I do feel for you Melati Lum. In all the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, Muslim women have probably worn most of the flack.

For the murderous activities of a few mainly male Muslims, their women have had to suffer enormously. But they aren't alone in this situation.

Leigh wondered whether the author knew of any other terrorist threats to Australia than Muslims.

The threat of us being taken over by the 'violent' Germans or Japanese during the world wars was considered terrible at the time.

America committed one of the worst atrocities of all time by dropping the atom bombs onto Japan killing hundreds of thousands of people.

Germany killed millions of Jews.

What about the paranoia re Communism after WW11?

How about when the Russians were considering dropping atom bombs onto Western cities during the Cold War?

What about the Ireland/England, Catholic/Protestant bombings and killings through the years (and again recently)?

Weren't all these guys terrorists? But they weren't Muslims.

The Muslims certainly aren't alone in having terrorists amongst them.
Posted by suzeonline, Friday, 5 March 2010 12:30:30 AM
Dear Jon J,
As you have rightly said it is all about inheritance. Muslums choose to believe that they inherit the Abramic promise through his firstborn Ishmael (Gods promise to his mother Hagar was that she would have a son who she would name Ishmael and that he would be a wild man, and his hand would be against all men, and all would be against him. and he would live in the presence of all his brothers.) The Jews believe that they inherit the promise through Isaac, the son of Abraham's wife Sarah.
"Christians" believe that they inherit the promise through Jesus who is a decendant of Abraham. The test you have to prove Gods word is found in Malachi chapter 3 verse 10. It is the only way I have found to prove God. As Jesus taught, you do not inherit Gods kingdom from your earthly father "you must be born again, impossible for man but possible with God". So do we inherit the promise mans way i.e through trouble, strife, survival of the fittest, or Gods way through faith in Jesus finished work on the cross. Ps Jesus said you would know his diciples by their love for one another for a good tree produces good fruit and a bad tree produces bad fruit. (The promise is that man would inherit Gods kingdom, the world through Gods way, righteousness not mans way,through the law.)
I was watching C Pac yesterday and I watched Noel Pearson and as I respect his opinion I chose to listen and learn. His paradyme has shifted from the knowledge of good and evil towards life. A very informative talk.
Regards Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Friday, 5 March 2010 5:48:08 AM
ymeiosis,

I'm interested to know which majority Moslem country you lived in,you mentioned 'discriminative government policies',what were they?

Moslems in Australia don't suffer anything like the persecution that, Christians for example, are subjected to in Pakistan,Egypt and Turkey.Where are the churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia or Hindu temples?
Of course there are millions of decent peaceful Moslems,however that's irrelevant, the threat to our civilisation is from the ideology of Islam itself,which from its inception has been expansionist,anti-semitic, intolerant and extremely destructive.The state of Moslem societies before Western contact is proof of that. Few people had any illusions as to menace of Communism,but because Islamic totalitarianism is disguised as a 'religion' we are expected to regard it as harmless,it's in fact very dangerous.
So,I'll ask you to show me a tolerant,liberal democratic majority Moslem nation-just one.
I don't support the invasion of Moslem nations or discrimination against Moslems as long as they obey the laws of the secular state,the problem is some don't, and they have a different agenda.
Posted by mac, Friday, 5 March 2010 6:36:42 AM
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/03/islamic-infiltration-on-the-labour-party-coming-to-america.html

Any one who has any doubts about what the muslims are up to should watch this program from the UK regarding whats going on under the covers at the East London Mosque.

These people are pure evil

Socratease ..you are wrong
Posted by bigmal, Friday, 5 March 2010 7:42:24 AM
It would be difficult for a Muslim living in any Western democracy to integrate into communities who are still living with the aftermath of 9/11. This suspicion was experienced by German and Japanese citizens living in Western nations before, during and after WWII.

From a practical point of view airport security would naturally be interested in any place of concealment for prohibited items whether it be hidden in a hijab, a suitcase or an arm sling. While Muslims are committing terrorist acts at this time in history it is only natural that Muslims might invite further scrutiny at an airport.

This is not the same as thinking that every Muslim is a terrorist just that Muslims are in the higher risk group. For peace loving Muslims who make up the majority I can understand how this would be a physical and mental burden.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 5 March 2010 7:55:06 AM
Suzie- I think on the note of differentiation for many people between the IRA and Muslim Terrorists is the context of how they function.

IRA- all Irish nationalists, attacks only a single country (not us), operates in Ireland and UK only- based on being occupied by that country alone (low political/social implications of ceding that land), after which they will instantly cease their campaign, leave the UK forever, and likely disband (although the protestants won't be so lucky- but the UK will).

Islamic terrorists- can be of ANY nationality, yet still motivated to attack Western countries even vaguely involved in any conflict against another country solely by similarity of their religion. Tend to demand much more stringent terms for ceasing attacks, happy to operate in any Western country to launch attacks from (even if against another country), and unlikely to disband, cease working against nation if demands met- or even to leave, for that matter- if withdrawal demands met.

One group (of no threat to any other nation) would be instantly neutralized and disappear from UK if N.Ireland were given independence, the other not so likely to.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 5 March 2010 8:54:29 AM
After the fall of the USSR the oligarchs had nothing to scare and manipulate the masses with.In his book the Grand Chessboard,Zbigniew Brzezinski said in 1997,"What we need is a truely massive and widely perceived direct external threat." Enter Osama Bin Laden.Terrorism is now the new boggey man not reds under our beds.

It was Zbigniew who bragged about sucking the Russians into Afghanistan that helped send them broke.USA backed the Taliban and Osama then.The Taliban stopped the production of poppy seed thus we had a heroine drought but now the USA has invaded Afghanistan/Pakistan to build their oil/gas pipelines from Turkmenistan to the Capsian sea.Afghanistan now produces 90% of the world's heroine.The Taliban now have plenty of cash to buy arms.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 5 March 2010 8:29:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Arjay,
Why don't you google up "coming insurrection", a Marxist- inspired work, hypothesizes on the "imminent collapse of capitalist culture".
As their aim is for global government which Jesus Christ talks about in the bible, it will give you a good idea where the world clock is at. I listened to Noel Pearson the other day on A pac and he was talking about the socialist paradyme of imposing their will with the stick, very costly and wasteful as it doesn't work. John Howard showed him the carrot way of reward and encouragement which works as people gain worth. Jesus talked in parabels and most did not understand but when he talked to his desiples he talked plainly. The world is in crisis
and many groups are trying to promote their barrow but only one Kingdom works all others fail.
Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Saturday, 6 March 2010 7:24:54 AM
King Hazza,
While i agree with your remarks regarding the comparison with the IRA, two points of difference arise from the following statement:

"Islamic terrorists- can be of ANY nationality, yet still motivated to attack Western countries even vaguely involved in any conflict against another country solely by similarity of their religion. "

Firstly, the terrorist call themselves "Islamic" for legitimacy. Those eager to promote a crusade against Islam call the terrorist "Islamic" so that they can rally the forces of the West to their cause.

However, the fact is these terrorist have killed more Muslims than any other religion and regard Muslims who do NOT follow their deviant sect Kafir, or "unbeliever". They are heretics.

So what is the target: Muslims or the terrorists?

If it is the terrorist then the only way of fighting them is with Islam itself.

There is historical precedent for this. The same Wahhabi mentality characterised the Kharajites (“departers”) who rebuked the Prophet himself (despite proclaiming themselve true followers of Islam) and later with the 4th Caliph.

To cut a long story short, there was a battle but before the battle many of the rebels laid down their arms once they were shown the truth about their religion. The remainder were killed in battle. (see http://thesunnivoice.com/kharijism/).

One of the few survivors of the battle was someone by the name of Hurqus.
QUOTE:
The intractable Hurqus confronted Sayyidna Ali and said,

"O son of Abi Talib, I fight you not except for the sake of Allah, and for my reward in the afterlife."

Sayyidna Ali retorted, "Your kind, Hurqus, is the kind that Allahu Ta'ala refers to in the Quran where He states,

'Say: Shall We tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds? Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they imagined that they were acquiring good by their works' (18: 103).

Amongst these - and I swear by this in the name of the Lord of the Ka'ba - are you Hurqus!"

Hurqus met his end and was killed.UNQUOTE (http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/kharijites2.htm)

cont..
Posted by grateful, Saturday, 6 March 2010 10:44:06 AM
cont..

It seems to me, the West really has not being able to decide whether they are fighting terrorists or are waging a broader campaign against Islam itself.
Posted by grateful, Saturday, 6 March 2010 10:44:34 AM
Fair enough Grateful, although I was mostly focusing on terrorists acting against Western countries;

As for who the 'west' is REALLY waging a war against (terrorists or Islam)- depends on the country perhaps.
Posted by King Hazza, Sunday, 7 March 2010 8:25:41 AM
How 'anti-christian' of you Runner; if you are preaching The Good Word, you are going about it the wrong way [genuinely sad about hypocrites condemning women and girls not virgins] who are purporting to be Christians. Read both the Old Testament and New Testament again Runner; thoroughly.
Posted by we are unique, Monday, 8 March 2010 12:00:16 AM
Excellent post Grateful.

Cannot speak for other Australians however my view is that of Terrorism [primarily] as opposed to Islam the religion and people of their Muslim faith. Between all the people I mix with via work, friends, family acquaintances, picked up on a few of their viewpoints. It is the fanatics misinterpreting their religion deliberately, ie Terrorists, that many Australians are firmly against. Not people of genuine Muslim/Islam faith.
Posted by we are unique, Monday, 8 March 2010 12:08:21 AM
"We are unique"
you are perfectly right. The genuine Muslims who want nothing more than peace and justice in which to live and bring up their families are the ones Australians welcome,not the fanatical bigots who are hate-filled and bring death and destruction. No one wishes to die. We all want life.
We want an assurance from you and other Muslims that you want the same for your people AND THAT YOU WILL REPORT TO THE AUTHORITIES ANYONE WHO YOU MAY KNOW ARE TERRORISTS.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Monday, 8 March 2010 12:36:26 AM
It throws a different light onto the subject if we re-worded Terrorist Attack to Wake-up Call. And no, they haven't got what they want. People remain as stupid as before.
Posted by individual, Monday, 8 March 2010 5:22:20 AM
Melati is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT in all aspects of her posting. Those of you who FAIL TO LOOK BEYOND what the media AND IGNORANT MINDS feeds your minds...that muslims are a CLEAR EXAMPLE OF TERRORISM and that MUSLIMS FOLLOW A RELIGION OF HATRED & TERRORISM! ISN'T THIS WHAT THE MEDIA TELLS US THROUGH TV/ INTERNET /RADIO ETC..?

IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO DIG DEEPER, YOU WILL FIND:...

THE TRUTH IS THAT ISLAM AND THE HOLY QU'RAN DOES NOT PROMOTE ANY SUCH INHUMANE ACTIONS.

THE MUSLIMS WHO CALL THEMSELVES 'MUSLIMS' AND COMMIT SUCH ACTS ARE IN-FACT NOT FOLLOWING ISLAM (SUBMISSION TO 1 GOD AND A PEACEFUL WAY OF LIFE)

Leigh, who posted a comment on the 4th march, cannot think of 1 'NON-ISLAMIC TERRORIST GROUP THAT IS A THREAT TO AUSTRALIA....WELL OBVIOUSLY THE 'MEDIA' HAS REWIRED YOUR MIND TO IDENTIFY THE WORDS 'MUSLIMS/ISLAM' WITH TERRORISTS BUT HOW ABOUT:

'BIKIES ARE THE NEW TERRORIST THREAT IGNORE POLICE- BRING IN THE SAS'

Australia has now officially joined the world stage on domestic terrorist violence after a horrific attack at Sydney airport ON22/03/2009.

What are the procedures in the event of a terrorist attack like the one carried out by these bikies whom show no fear of retribution from the law...AUSTRALIAN LAW!!

TO VIEW THE ENTIRE ARTICLE + MANY MORE GO TO: www.streetcorner.com.au

These people who sell methamphetamies and ather illicit drugs even in broad daylight and run underground child prostitution brothels get away with it all and our 'legal system' just gets away with it..

MORE & MORE MONEY is thrown at so called 'NATIONAL SECURITY' when AUSTRALIA SHOULD PUT MORE MONEY TOWARDS CRIME AND TERROR ALREADY DAILY HAPPENING AUSTRALIA WIDE!
Posted by Karen Harris, Thursday, 11 March 2010 12:24:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy