The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Two women who were out of control > Comments

Two women who were out of control : Comments

By Brian Holden, published 18/2/2010

In the 1920s and 30s there were almost no women voluntarily performing physical feats which demanded maximum mental stamina.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
""You know there is nothing stopping the menz organizations from creating their own adverts and putting them up for consideration.""

To counter a $73 million Government advertising effort paid for from expropriated taxpayer funds?

Perhaps we can appeal to the Office for the Status of Men for a bit of help.

Whoops. There isn't one.
Posted by Amfortas, Monday, 1 March 2010 6:41:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amfortas: <"Perhaps we can appeal to the Office for the Status of Men for a bit of help.

Whoops. There isn't one.">

No, instead there's a whole male dominated polity. Mind you, when we have a female Prime Minister and a dominance of State Premiers who are female; and a greater number of women sitting up in parliament you'll be able to make an excellent case for obtaining an Office for the Status of Men. You'll have my full support as well :)
Posted by Pynchme, Monday, 1 March 2010 7:11:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is not surprising you call yourself Pynchme. Someone needs to.

So, a 'male dominated' (read, men step up to do the jobs women won't do) polity - no doubt an oppressive, chauvinistic, anti-female mob - has created an Office for the Status of Women, bent on marginalising, villifying and demeaning men. Explain that one to us.

But if we eventually get women stepping up to the plate (as Margaret Thatcher did all those years ago) and become Prime Minister, dominating the polity, we can expect them to aid men with an Office devoted to men's advacement.

Pull the other one.

And pynchme when when all this comes to pass.

By the way, when you have broken through the imaginary Glass Ceiling, pick up a shovel and join the chaps in the real glass cellar.
Posted by Amfortas, Monday, 1 March 2010 9:02:35 PM
Amfortas: <"By the way, when you have broken through the imaginary Glass Ceiling, pick up a shovel and join the chaps in the real glass cellar.">

Would that be the same glass cellar where women work for nix?

You know, doing all that unimportant stuff like caring for kiddies, disabled and elderly folk ?

Sok Amfortas - We can bat this back and forth ad nauseum. Do you really think it's worth going over all this old stuff again? I don't mind if you insist - but really, don't we have better ways to spend our time?

(I think we know each other's arguments pretty well don't we?)

I rather like you - I'd prefer a truce for now if you can swing it.
Posted by Pynchme, Monday, 1 March 2010 9:17:20 PM
Truce, Pynchme?

OK.

But I will search for the stats on child-care workers dying in industrial accidents like miners do. No, that would be a waste of time.

I won't argue with you because that's a waste of time too.
Posted by Amfortas, Monday, 1 March 2010 9:47:05 PM
PS.

I rather like you too.

:)
Posted by Amfortas, Monday, 1 March 2010 9:59:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All