The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Two years on, the ‘great moral challenge’ just leaves people in the cold > Comments

Two years on, the ‘great moral challenge’ just leaves people in the cold : Comments

By Graham Young, published 16/2/2010

Global warming won't again be the winner for the government that it was in 2007.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
<< It is clear that Monckton is a clown of the first order and his acolytes are illiterate fools. >>

I disagree - Monckton is very smart

While he hasn't a clue about the science

(http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=9906#162552

he most definitely knows how to push an agenda, and get support for the cause.

I also disagree that his acolytes are illiterate fools. Most are just ignorant of the science. The rest have an ideological agenda to push ... out of fear, religious fervor or socio-political allegiance.

Incidentally, did you read some of the comments from the pulpit - some of Tony Abbott's fellow MP's added there tuppence worth, even from the office of Julie Bishop - pinning their tails to the donkey?
Posted by qanda, Thursday, 25 February 2010 6:52:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Qanda

I think you are being to generous to Monckton. To make false claims about something that is easily checked is either wilfully stupid or dishonest. Either way he has no credibility. I do not think he is particularly clever, unless you regard being able to temporarily grab media attention as clever. He will not change opinions, he will simply polarise people. Moreover, if you look at business and consumers, particularly the large amount of private investment going into clean businesses I don't think he will make much difference in the grand scheme of things. That is why I regard him as a clown.
Posted by Loxton, Friday, 26 February 2010 8:46:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy