The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions > Comments

Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 11/2/2010

We should be asking the Rudd Government whether the war in Afghanistan is legal under international law.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. 38
  9. Page 39
  10. 40
  11. 41
  12. All
So, Pericles "won't bite".

Nor, so far, it seems, has either of his two fawning sycophants Christopher and PynchMe.

Since they obviously understand all of Pericles' arguments so well perhaps one of those two would care to explain in their own words what they understand to be the difference between on the one hand "missing" and on the other hand "could not keep track of" and what makes both of them also so confindent that none of "$2.3 trillion in transactions", that the Pentagon "[could not] track", could not possibly have been used to pay for the staging of 9/11.

---

Pericles' dissmissal of John Minnery's testimony is a breathtaking example of NewSpeak from which his Ministry of Truth colleagues could, no doubt, learn a lot.

Minnery is told by his superior not to worry about finding out where $300 million was spent and is re-assigned before he can find the answers. ((http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/29/eveningnews/main325985.shtml http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpWqdPMjmo)

So, by Pericles' logic, Minnery 'failed'.

And, of course, Minnery's extravagant use of his employer's time and air fares is of infinitely greater concern to Pericles than learning what a mere $300 million was spent on.

Perhaps Pericles, on behalf of the Ministry of Truth, would now care to enlighten the rest of us as to why we should similarly pay no
regard to those other Penatgon whistleblowers, Farnk C. Spinney and , retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan?

And, while he is at it, maybe he should also tell us why we should pay no heed to 9/11 whilstleblowers Kevin Ryan and Sibel Edmonds?
Posted by daggett, Thursday, 29 April 2010 10:55:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
By all means pay attention to them, daggett.

>>Perhaps Pericles, on behalf of the Ministry of Truth, would now care to enlighten the rest of us as to why we should similarly pay no
regard to those other Penatgon whistleblowers, Farnk C. Spinney and , retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan?<<

They are both talking about the same thing as Rumsfeld: accounting incompetence. They are "whistleblowing", as the headline proclaims, about "waste".

As does everybody, including the President.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32449355/ns/politics-white_house/

Everybody has heard of the $600 hammer. Here are some more examples:

"Contractors have been underbidding the prices, then jacking up the prices upon time for billing. Parts like a bolt, initially quoted at $40, ended up being $1,887, or a self-locking nut, quoted at $2.69, ended up costing $2, 185. These are not nearly the worst examples of cost increases . . . A linear microcircuit, original 1997 price $0.11 cents, cost $5,788.76, thermal insulation that really cost $1, ended up costing $3,390, or the boss nipple, costing $1, cost the US military $1,498.48."

http://old.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id731/pg1/index.html

At the other end of the scale...

"One of the projects that "surfaced" into the public budget is the B-2 bomber. Originally projected to cost $550 million each, B-2's ended up costing $2.2 billion each-literally more than their weight in gold"

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Corporate_Welfare/Military_Fraud.html

Waste, daggett.

I am sure Minnery was well-meaning.

>>Minnery is told by his superior not to worry about finding out where $300 million was spent and is re-assigned before he can find the answers<<

That was after he had "criss-crossed the country looking for records", though. They simply called time on him.

>>And, while he is at it, maybe he should also tell us why we should pay no heed to 9/11 whilstleblowers Kevin Ryan and Sibel Edmonds?<<

Pay as much heed as you like. Kevin Ryan holds the same opinions as you about 9/11, and is almost as convincing. Sibel Edmonds was extremely poorly treated by her employer, and deserves better.

But do you actually have a point to make about their contribution? Or do you just like waving your arms about.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 29 April 2010 1:27:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Note Pericles' latest ploys in his quest to prevent the truth being understood:

1. Backpedalling on his claim of John Minnery's incompetence;

2. Conflating the issue of waste with the issue of missing funds as if all the missing $2.3 trillion can be explained away by being by 'over-billing'. In any case, by my definition, the inflated bills don't count as money gone missing. Perhaps Pericles would care to tell us if any of these transactions account for any of the missing $23.3 trillion and how much?

3. Re-casting Rumsfeld and, indeed, himself as the whistleblowers' best friend;

Pericles' wrote, "That was after [John Minnery] had 'criss-crossed the country looking for records', though. They simply called time on him."

"Called time on him him", Pericles?

Do you know that for a fact, or did you just make that up?

I would have thought that a reasonable person would have found the ending of his investigation suspicious given the fundamental principle at stake and that $300 million was missing.

I am glad that, at least, Pericles concedes that it is now OK for me to pay heed to people like 9/11 Truth supporters Sibel Edmonds and Kevin Ryan.

Let's just hope that he doesn't try to dissuade others from heeding them by smearing them as he did John Minnery.
Posted by daggett, Thursday, 29 April 2010 2:34:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well that was a waste of a post, daggett.

You really need to lift your game.

>>Backpedalling on his claim of John Minnery's incompetence<<

In my words, he failed:

"He spent his employer's time 'crisscrossing the country looking for records' trying to prove that $300m had gone missing, and failed"

If you wish to attribute his failure to incompetence, that is your choice, not mine. As far as I am concerned, he could have been most extraordinarily talented and supremely diligent.

But he still failed.

>>Perhaps Pericles would care to tell us if any of these transactions account for any of the missing $23.3 trillion and how much?<<

There is no missing money, daggett. Let alone "$23.3 trillion". How many more times do you need to be reminded of this simple fact?

>>"Called time on him him", Pericles? Do you know that for a fact, or did you just make that up?<<

It was an assumption, true. But a reasonable one in the circumstances. Minnery does tell us that his boss had asked him why he was bothering. If I had been Minnery's manager, I would have considered that to be fair warning that he should get on with the job he was assigned to, and not pursue his own personal wild goose chase.

>>I would have thought that a reasonable person would have found the ending of his investigation suspicious given the fundamental principle at stake and that $300 million was missing.<<

Unaccounted for, daggett, remember?

>>I am glad that, at least, Pericles concedes that it is now OK for me to pay heed to people like 9/11 Truth supporters Sibel Edmonds and Kevin Ryan<<

But so far you haven't told us what it is that they contribute to an explanation of the conspiracy.

Are you likely to rectify that at any point? Or will you just leave it dangling there?
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 29 April 2010 3:03:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm wondering if this 'Truther' nonsense is going to feature as a central plank in James Patrick Sinnamon's forthcoming election campaign. Fortunately, prospective voters will be able to google his name and follow up on his political philosophies, as expressed in forums like this.

Very "smart", I reckon :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 29 April 2010 7:05:42 PM
Note Pericles denies having labelled whistleblower John Minnery 'incompetent'.

Here again is what he wrote of John Minnery:

"And I wouldn't place too much credence on Minnery either. He spent his employer's time 'crisscrossing the country looking for records' trying to prove that $300m had gone missing, and failed.

"But having failed, he still insisted that it was missing.

"How logical is that?

"No wonder he was 'reassigned.' I would have fired him for incompetence."

There can be little doubt that Pericles intended to smear John Minnery and then when I challenged him, he decided to backpedal away from that smear, thinking he could let himself off the hook by playing games with words once more.

But, at least he should have checked the words he wrote in the first place.

---

I note Pericles continues to play other pedantic games, insisting that "missing" means something different to "unable to keep track of" or "not accounted for".

I don't mind that much what term is used, but, as far as I am concerned, until the Pentagon can regain "track" of all that $2.3 trillion, then there is no way that we can know for sure that some or all of it was not used for 9/11.

---

No, Pericles, I don't intend, at this point, to tell you what Kevin Ryan and Sibel Edmonds had to say of 9/11.

If you truly want to know, I am sure you can easily find out.

I only raised them because they are whistleblowers who have have been smeared in the same way you attempted to smear John Minnery earlier.

---

As I have already shown many times before, Christopher is a two-faced hypocrite who postures as bleeding heart, politically correct 'anti-racist' liberal, but spreads a lie that has caused the deaths of well over a million people in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan since 2001.

The reason I speak the truth about 9/11, instead of keeping it to myself, is that I understand why Martin Luther King said in 1967 of the Vietnam War,

"A time comes when silence is betrayal." (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2564.htm)
Posted by daggett, Friday, 30 April 2010 12:53:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. 38
  9. Page 39
  10. 40
  11. 41
  12. All